The Barnum School Board has approved some of the following projects and is considering the approval of some of the other following projects to be completed during the 2016 Summer months:
- iPads will be purchased for the students in Grades 7, 8 and 10, which will make Barnum Public Schools a 1:1 with iPads in Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- Additional investments will be made in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineer and Mathematics). Last year the District spent about $50,000 to purchase and install a CNC (computer numerical control) machine, two 3D Printers and twenty-five iMac Computers.
- New flooring will be installed in the Commons bathrooms, along with water efficiency updates.
- Room C-10 will be remodeled to become the new Choir Room. The remodel includes flooring, risers, ceiling tile, storage and an additional doorway. The Choir currently meets in the Auditorium.
- Updates will be made to the Library!
The district will purchase two buses and a van in 2016, which is the third year of the School Board’s five-year plan to purchase two new buses each year to reduce the age and maintenance costs of our fleet of 14 buses.
Storage Area Cleanout!
This Summer, the District will be cleaning out many of its storage areas within the two school buildings. Over the years, some storage areas have become full of equipment and materials that are no longer needed. The space created by the cleanout will allow for better storage of seasonal items.
The District will contract with a company to auction the materials on line, which will provide an opportunity for everyone to bid on items they may want. When a date for the auction has been set, information may be found on the District’s web page, and Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Congratulations to Kristi Wickstrom, Community Education Director, on her retirement, effective June 30, 2016! Kristi began working for the Barnum School District in 2009. Please join me in thanking her for her years of dedicated service!