Welcome, Barnum Students, to the 2015-2016 School Year! The first day of school is Tuesday, September 1, 2015, for students in Grades 1 through 12. Wednesday, September 2, 2015, is the first day for Kindergarten students.
Welcome, new Bomber Staff! Our new 2015-2016 staff are Kelli Pernu, Third Grade Teacher, and Sara Hanson, High School Mathematics Teacher.
Congratulations to our 2015 Retirees! We wish all the best to Nanci Paulseth, Elementary Teacher, and Dr. Dana Luehr, High School Teacher and Technology Coordinator in their retirement. Thank you for your many years of service to the Barnum School District.
The summer has been very busy due to the many improvements made to District property. Here are some of the changes:
- The High School gym floor was sanded, repainted, and new bleachers were installed.
- LED lighting was installed in the High School shops and fitness center, around the parking lots, and outside entries of both school buildings, and the Bus Garage. The new lighting is estimated to save the District $8,700 per year in energy expenses!
- Both parking lot areas were sealed and painted.
- New High School office entrance along with a handicap accessible entrance.
- High School loading dock area has had security improvements.
- Cameras have been upgraded and new ones added to both the Elementary and High School buildings.
- All of the bus garage stalls have cement flooring.
- The bus garage was remodeled to provide additional room for mechanical work.
- The remodel also included an indoor bathroom.
- New High School STEM classroom with 3D printers, 25 iMacs for Computer Aided Design, and a CNC Plasma Cutter.
- 200 iPads for the High School as they begin the transition to 1:1.
- New District wide telephone system.
- New network infrastructure in both the Elementary and High School.
- High speed fiber optics between the two school buildings.
- Updated Wi-Fi District wide.
- New District internet filter
Thank you to all of the staff who were instrumental in getting these improvements made! We are excited for everyone to see and use them!